M24 Chaffee - G200 Series of Vehicles
In 1955 the US Army has let 46 light tanks M24 "Chaffee" to the newly formed Austrian Armed Forces. These tanks, together with the Russian T34 / 85 tanks, formed the backbone of Austria's armored corps in the mid 1950's. The M24 were used as reconnaissance tanks until 1966 and then became replaced by the M41 "Walker Bulldog". Some M24 turrets continue their service in fixed pillboxes.